Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Realization

-Remember the past, plan for the future, but live for today, because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come.

This is my first ever blog post and I spent so much time trying to think of what is something really cool and inspiring or something unique to tell my readers that could give them a hint as to what will be coming later on... Well here it is:  

Life isn't easy!

First off, I am no expert at life, probably never will be... I just happen to be living in it and experiencing so much at a young age. Before I headed off to college, my life was sheltered by my parents and friends correcting me and teaching me right and wrong. I never really experienced life on my own and so I was almost immune to what the world really held. But the moment I graduated high school, I realized that in three months, there was about to be a whole new part of life that was new and waiting to be explored. I had never lived on my own or lived with new people other than my family. I had never fixed my own food without my mom watching over me to make sure I didn't burn it. I never learned what to do in certain situations and how to respond to them. 

But that's the thing, its life! You can never know what will happen everyday at every moment. Life is unexpected with new things being thrown at you constantly. Life is full of doubts, regrets, happiness, heartache, betrayal, love, friendships. You are not programmed at birth to know how to live and respond to all of these... You just learn as you live.

Being in college really tested what my parents taught me all these years, but it also tested my faith, my honesty, my love and compassion for others, my study skills, my cooking abilities (aka none), my living habits. I thought that when I started college, I had it all down and that it was going to be a breeze, but boy was I wrong. College made me realize that there is so much more room to grow and that I need to know so much more to be able to survive the real world. Today, I am into my second year of college, a completely different person than who I was last year or even two years ago. The older I get, the more I learn the more I am molded into the person I was created to be.

So basically what I am trying to say in not such a short amount of space is this: College is the time of your life to have fun, but also the time to become the person you were created to be. Life is going to be stressful, happy, sad, busy... But most importantly, life is short. In only a certain amount of years, you will live your entire life, using what you have learned and experienced to live your own life and also help others live theirs. You never want to live your life holding anger towards others or hold regret for what you could have changed. We can't change the past but we can change the future. Live for the future because life is precious and there are so many opportunities. College is time where your faith will be tested. God throws us through many different trials and obstacles to test our true character and nature and our trust in Him. God created us not so that we may waste time but so that we may live to the fullest, for Him and to bring Him glory.  

That is what I want to try to focus on in my blog series: living in the unexpected, our constant testing of faith, trials, happiness, forgiveness, anger, love, friendship, family.

Stay tuned for more...




No comments:

Post a Comment