It has been about a month or so since my last post and I thought now would be a good time to post another. Life has been pretty busy with finals and packing to leave school for the summer and getting ready for the summer work. But before life gets all crazy I am taking a week to debrief and relax and take in what God has been trying to show me.
These past few days I have been at the beach and it has been amazing. I have gotten to spend time with my family and relax in the sand and have some quiet time to dive into The Word and read some good books. My Christian walk before coming to the beach had been struggling some. I've been struggling with a lot and being busy had made it hard. I hadn't been in the The Word much and I've been letting myself go. I started slipping into old habits. My patience for things started getting smaller and I was struggling with caring too much about what others thought about me.
This morning I drove to the beach to see the sunrise. I felt the need to have some alone time and there is no better way to have it than on the shore where it is quiet. I was worried all morning for no reason but I knew that I needed this time alone. As soon as I got over the bridge and saw the shore I was amazed and my fear left me. The sun was about to start coming up and I started jogging from the street to the wooden bridge to the sand. The beauty that struck me when I started walking on the sand was amazing. I was in such awe of what God had painted for me. He got me here so that I could have this morning with Him. He painted the sky the most beautiful colors and got me here to show me how much He cares for me and how special I am to Him. He got me here so I could have my quiet time with Him and pray to Him and let go of worries and pain. He got me here so I could leave feeling refreshed and reassured of His love for me.



Since coming to the beach and talking to God and reading, I have learned to stop being so worried. I have learned to stop worrying about how others view me and whether or not I grow apart from friends. I have learned to stop trying to look at each day as whether I do good or bad and seeing myself as a Christian based on the daily walk. I am going to fail... But what I have learned is to keep reminding myself is that Christ died for me and I have been forgiven. Mistakes are going to happen and that doesn't mean it's over for me. I have learned to have more patience and love for others. I am more careful how I carry myself because I try to think, "How would God want to me respond?" But most importantly I have learned that growth as a Christian is slow and over time. I think that sometimes I wish my passion to love Christ and know so much was growing quickly. It is easy to get discouraged, but over time I will be able to look back and see how much I have grown. Once becoming a Christian, the fight becomes so hard. Sin becomes harder to deal with and Satan is constantly trying to tempt you and turn you away from God. But I read a verse this morning that helped me: (1 John 4:4) Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."
Life is hard but if I have Christ in my life anything is possible. God has shown me so much and taught me some really important things that can continue to mold me the way He wants. I have learned to let go of things and to let Him work in my life. I have learned how important prayer and getting in The Word is. Life is rough and not being devoted to Christ and growing closer to Him can make life so much harder. God is so good to remind me that this week and to reassure me of His love for me and how he was intervene to put me back on the right path!
All glory to God!
No comments:
Post a Comment